Ardes was born in Milan in 1962, specializing in the production of hot plates. In 1992 the company moves to Valle Seriana (Bergamo) and becomes part of the Scame group, expanding the range of products made in Italy. Over the following years are born so the slow mixer Paiolo, the Sole Mio warmers, hot plates, gas cookers, the electric underblankets and the hot steam humidifiers. In 2015 the company is taken over by Poly Pool spa and becomes the small domestic appliance division of the company, Italian leader in the distribution of electrical material.
The products under Ardes brand are manufactured and selected in strict compliance with the regulations and with the best quality parameters, with internal and external audit certificates. The mission is to offer practical, safe, easy to use items, to meet the needs of everyday life.
Ardes “keeps his word.” The word is a contract, both in relations with industry partners and as commitment to the end user. To all external collaborators, suppliers, sales agents and customers, Ardes asks a similar commitment, in accordance with a philosophy that puts the consumer at the center of decision making. All internal and external control bodies are involved to protect and monitor, retrieve and correct behaviors not in line with rules, to preserve the traditional company’s policy.
Ardes proposal embraces six categories of small household appliances:
- Cooking and preservation, historical ranges for the company, which has always been a market leader in the segment of electric cookers and gas cooking, thanks to the Italian production and the technical know-how.
- Heaters, with the range of warmers and underblankets made in Italy, and with the wide range of small portable heaters.
- Ventilation, with a broad portfolio that covers all categories of products for summer cooling.
- Air treatment, with dehumidifiers and humidifiers which have been produced also for several big international brands.
- Insect killers and repellers, perfect completion to the range for domestic comfort.
- Products for personal care.
Countertrend to all the competitors, Ardes is still producing in Italy. Many of the items in the catalogue are imported, but from the factory in Val Seriana still tens of thousands of products are made every year. It is not just stubbornness, but the desire to have total control of production, combined with the opportunity to realize customized products and adapt to the customers’ needs. The Italian production is one of the flagships, which makes the company to be present in more than 40 countries worldwide. Made in Italy, Made in Ardes.